The wireline log is used to determine the physical/chemical characteristics of the geological formations crossed by a borehole or a well and the fluids present inside it. The physical/chemical characteristics are deduced directly or indirectly from a wide range of measurable data. The wireline log service is performed with specific probes connected to the surface by signal cables. The measured data are then combinated each other to determine individual properties of interest.
Main application fields for the wireline log:
♦ hydrogeology and geothermal research;
♦ mining exploitation;
♦ environmental research.
Main advantages for the wireline log are:
♦ it allows to obtain data even in drilling intervals with difficult recovery;
♦ it allows to reduce the coring operations to uncored boreholes economizing the cost and execution time;
♦ it represents a powerful tool to use during the design phase.
- Optical televiewer log (OPTV log)
- Acoustic televiewer log (BHTV log)
- Full Wave Sonic and Cement Bond log (FWS log, CBL log)
- Normal Resistivity log (NRES log), Self Potential log (SP log)
- Flow meter log (FLOW log)
- Mechanical Caliper log (4CAL log)
- Natural Gamma Ray log (GR log)
Fluid parameters log (FTC log)
- Deviation log (DEV log)
- Turbidity and tracers log